Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Apocolyptic Hero

More work, super hero stuff - not really my cup of tea. I think most of us had the cliche super hero drawings beaten out of us when we were teenagers. Here I had to create an apocolyptic hero who initially was a security guard hunting down zombies. I'm not really that enamoured with the pose -he's recoiling from shooting at a lunging zombie.The brief then changed to a soldier type dude complete with body armour and mammoth gun. The painterly effect wasn't well received. It was a photo-realistic pic they were after. Again, another crack at photoshop. I need to get the blends working better. After producing line drawings for so long, it's a little weird using colour.


1 comment:

Mukpuddy said...

Hey dude, cool blog!! The clip from Dogstar is cool, and that 'Where The Wild Things Are' pic is awesome!!

Always nice to see other people blogging from the South Pacific too!!